Sunday, March 12, 2017

Easter 3-D card

This card is totally different than the idea I was playing with a few weeks ago. I made two cards, the first I played with many months ago, putting it away to finish at a future date, which turned out to be today.  It is a cut file I purchased from Lori Whitlock, but I altered the background to fit my idea, this card has a layered look that folds down flat to send (see photo below).  On the second card  I used a digital image I purchased from a tattoo artist Hassified at Deviant art, it is a stunning image and colors up beautifully. 




 My first thoughts were to use the image on a 3-D style pop up card, but I just wasn't pleased with how the image looked on that layout, no matter how much I played with the placement, over and over again, it just didn't work.   As I started to look at the two cards near each other it became obvious the colored imaged was meant to go in the layout below.  


While this card will fold down flat, I decided to create a box to hold it as it will be hand delivered.  As much as I like the white cross the stunning image of Christ crucified will be the the one I use on this Easter card to show the great gift of love and grace that took place that first Easter.   




I couldn't have created this without the use of my Silhouette Cameo and Copic markers - both items I love to play with.  The digital image was imported to my SIL which I used to print the image to size and cut it out with my machine.  The SIL was also used to cut all the pieces used, including the box I made. Thanks for stopping by.



Materials:  Card Stock, Silhouette Cameo, Digital image, Copic Markers, glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10